The proliferation of mapping applications will increase the demand for commercial satellite imagery products. Today’s maps will rely on archived imagery as a backdrop. Tomorrow’s maps will incorporate motion imagery so users can view their world in real-time – similar to what DoD is attempting to accomplish via surveillance programs like Constant Hawk and Gorgon Stare.
- Sousveillance wp.me/pwGE1-vj-- 2 days ago
- Lifeloggers Movie wp.me/pwGE1-vh-- 3 days ago
- Is sensor journalism feasible, or even ethical? Columbia’s Tow Center hopes to find out — paidContent wp.me/pwGE1-vf-- 3 days ago
- Going Dark: SOUTHCOM, Where Modern ISR Was Born, Is Hoping for Assets | Defense News | defensenews.com wp.me/pwGE1-vd-- 5 days ago
- Eight years later, Google reinvents its Maps for a data rich web — Tech News and Analysis wp.me/pwGE1-vb-- 5 days ago